This article shows you how to change your proxy settings in Groupcall Xporter.
- Launch the Xporter Management Console. This can either be from a shortcut on your desktop, or via Start >> All Programs >> Groupcall >> Xporter
- Click on Misc, and then click on Proxy Server Settings to highlight it. In the Tasks Pane, click Modify Setting
- The standard setting for North Yorkshire schools using a smoothwall box is: firewall:8080 . Enter this as the value and click OK. If your school has a different proxy server from this, please enter the appropriate value instead.
- In the console tree pane (left hand pane) click on Services. Locate the Groupcall Xporter 2010 service, right-click on it and restart it from the drop down menu
- To check if it is now connecting out and checking for updates correctly, in the Console Tree Pane click on Log. In the Actions pane (right hand pane) click Refresh a couple of times. Scroll towards the bottom of the log file and you should see some entries for "Program" that begin with the text "Updater". These should read that the program is "Fetching” from a certain location, then that a "Current ID" equals something, and then that either "No New Updates Found" or "Updates Found" (and these will be downloaded) or No new version detected. So long as each "Updater Fetch" attempt eventually ends with either Updates being downloaded or "No New Update" found or “No new version detected” then Groupcall Xporter is connecting out OK. If it ends with"Download Failed - EGCHTTP: (404) Not Found", then groupcall is having some problems connecting and this needs investigating further. Please log a call with Schools ICT for further assistance.